Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When it rains, it pours

I have been blessed here at BCIS. There is no other way to put it, no other explanation makes sense. I am someone that should probably not be working here, it is not by chance that I am here. I can't even give you a number to how many blessings I am greeted with daily. We have hard days, we have easy days--it is well worth it though. I am excited to continue to work here next year and to watch the kids grow, I am connecting really well with quite a lot of them!

We have been hit by Spring time in Shenzhen, which means epic thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms and lightning and heavy rain, one of my favorite things on this Earth. It has been great but I am seriously shocked that it can rain non-stop for 6 hours+ it is crazy! My favorite has been teaching in it, the kids freak out and then stare out the windows. I enjoyed my impromptu lesson on lightning and thunder and sharing why we have these things in the world. It has been fun :) But man when it rains, it is seriously pouring!

A lot has been happening, staying busy with teaching and summer camps. I am planning two different camps, yes two. I don't know how people do this for a living--seriously you rock. I am stressed, confused, discouraged and so many other things but I am so excited for these graduates to come and visit Shenzhen and to do His work here. I have been putting in "long" hours, getting up early and going to bed late--gotta love time differences. I have been making calendars, I have been making packing lists, budgets, so much! All you trip planners out there got so much more respect from me, SO much. I can not wait to see everyone at the airport, this summer. I am counting down the days to see some amazing groups!

This week is our Spirit Week. Monday-Crazy dress day. Tuesday-Crazy hair day. Wednesday-Character day. Thursday- Pajama day. Friday-Sports day/hat day
The kids are getting a kick out of it--which makes it fun. We had a rough start on Monday with not as many doing it, but they stepped it up today. We had all different kind of wigs, hair colors, hair clips--all cute. I look forward to field day and getting to play some sports with the kids--sports are the best kind of medicine. Plus I really just want some friendly competition with them :P

Other news is that I bought a ticket back to Calcutta, India. I feel like I am going home, it is such a weird feeling! I can not wait to walk those streets again. I am going with my friends Rebecca and Krista-Rae and it will be their first times to India. I hope I give it enough justice and can show them what I fell in love with, two years ago. I really do have a heart on fire for India and can't wait to see what I can do while I am there. I have missed it for way too long now!

I also have a study that I go to once a week. We decided to pick up the book Radical, I am excited to read it with a group of amazing ladies. Please pray for us as we dive into the book and into His work! I love this group :D

I love it here. I look forward to the last few weeks of school and to the summer. I am excited for the adventures with my friends and with the students coming to visit. It will be well worth it--I hope. :)


Highs:
Thunderstorms
Visa stuff went smoothly
future trips
Friendships

Lows:
a little discouraged with summer stuff

Prayer Requests:
That summer stuff goes smoothly.
For our future Head of School--that they pray hard about the offer and that it is His will
That I can find a new apartment soon, want to move before the summer rush.
Friends with different colds/allergies/sickness
For friendships

with love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment