Monday, June 28, 2010

finding myself

So I don't consider myself to be the most spiritual person and find myself not going to God when I should be going there first. So I have made it a mission during this trip to understand the bible and to fully embrace God and accept his love. I have been struggling to grasp the information I am taking in and applying it to my life. So I have been using my journal to write things out and to really remember what I am learning here in Nepal and making sure I can apply these new things in my life now as well as when I am back in Orange County again. I have been trying very hard to understand the Nepali language and grasping the way they love God and how they apply it to their lifestyles. it seems so simple when you watch how they embrace it and just love what they are learning and are so eager to learn more about it. I have been trying very hard to just understand the basics again, almost like starting over in my faith and relationship to really understand everything I need to know.

The things we have been doing have been just adding to the awesomeness that I am building up in my life again, I am slowly figuring out what I want to do with my life and deciding the type of lifestyle I want to live at home.

The people on this trip with me are such a blessing, they have been there every step of the way not just for me but for everyone else, watching us hike for more than a couple hours and if someone is not making it up the mountain us all taking their stuff for that person and helping them make it. I have never seen this kind of support and love in a group and its just been amazing. The family we have built on this trip grows stronger everyday and I love that God is apart of it and he is the one guiding us and not letting us down.

Whenever we are lost and dont know what will be happening, he always steps in and finds us a way, he shows us the light.

I am only at the beginning stages of understanding what I need to understand but this last month has brought me to a whole new light, of understanding myself better and understanding people more.

I love that I have the ability to see what is happening in the world and the effects other countries have on each other.

Spiritual growth has hit me and has and is the best thing to happen right now, it has made this trip much more enjoyable and has given me that love in my heart that I need to give to the people of Nepal and India.

Till next time...

with love,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE hearing this!! I'm so glad this trip is transforming you in such a great way... be safe!

    ReplyDelete