Monday, October 17, 2011

busy bee

I have been busy, really busy. I have been doing a lot of teaching and helping Christine getting situated, its a lot of fun. Some would call me a busy bee. I have been trying to re-haul all of my classes, focus on really connecting with the students.

This week I wanted to think of the best way to get the kids excited-super excited. I thought what is something that all these kids happen to have in common and then it clicked! Traveling-and I clearly have that in common with them. So the next few weeks we are working on English around-the-world. I figured we can talk about those countries and then I can give them different phrases that might be helpful when they travel, or at least how to say the things they already say but in proper form! I don't know this might seem lame, but I am excited haha I taught some of it today and it went over really well!

I have been busy with those power points, its quite fun working on them! I love adding effects and random things haha...now I am trying to buy a controller so I can walk around the room instead of being stuck on the computer keyboard pushing buttons!

Christine has been here for 2 weeks and is doing well and its really nice having her here! I have been much more active with going places and starting to feel like the old Ashley. I finally have done an intense cleaning of the bathroom, it had been a few weeks...lets just say all of Christines cleaning sparked this in me hahaha

We got to eat on a pirate ship on top of a hotel, crazy right?! so amazing and great food! we also have had omelet sandwiches...I have been trying all kinds of food and some of it is good, some not so good but thats normal :P I am enjoying the flavors of China...if only I could cook it in my apartment!

I am really looking forward to this weekend! I get to see one of my roomies from my last semester of college MARY ETTNER! in Hong Kong. She is living in Vietnam and will be in Hong Kong and I am so excited to see her and for all the talking and laughs we will be having! I have been counting down for this weekend and am super excited. We are also going to attempt at Disneyland Hong Kong for their halloween set up...hopefully we can!!

ooooh and we started Chinese lessons, lets see if we can work on this language and become some what fluent. I am excited and hope they work and I can really learn Mandarin, I really want to know how to talk to people. One thing you should all know about China is a lot of people don't know english! Like 95%. I got to adapt and I am excited to do so. :D and after lessons Christine and Jessica and I are going to have our own "shout" which is going to be epic, I hope...I know we won't be let down! I am just excited to dive into the word with them!

Overall everything is going well and I am staying busy! Working pretty much non stop, prayers that I can stay focused and do my best here.

Highs:
Staying in the word
Staying active
Around-the-world lesson plan
Getting to see Mary soon

Lows:
Exhausted
Figuring out stuff with the school

Prayers that I am fully committed to everyone here and that I can be the light that I know I can be. I am excited for some of the things that are happening and I hope I can continue doing His work in all things. Staying in the word and focused.

with love,

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! You're doing great, Ashley. Lots of prayers for you, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete