Monday, October 24, 2011

Friends and Hong Kong

First before I tell you my adventures...I was leaving my apartment to go to Hong Kong and I saw this...

Everyone in Los Angeles always complained about the smog....they should stop complaining haha this is so much worse!!!

and now the story...

I got word before I even left to live in China that one of my best friends Mary would be coming to Hong Kong in October and we made it our mission to see each other. This mission was completed with 3 days spent together talking and catching up about our experiences of living abroad, something I was overwhelmed with joy by. It all started with Christine and I telling Mary we would meet her at the bay 7:45/8 sharp...mind you we did not have cell phones on both ends, so it was just a promise that I will be there by that time and you better be there too...it took us a 45 minute immigration check into Hong Kong (best time yet...awesome!) We rushed to get to Mary and ended up being about 30 minutes late..luckily she stuck around and waited for us which was a blessing!

We ended up eating pizza on a bench on some random street and spent the night catching up and talking about our adventures...hers is in Vietnam and mine is in China, as you know. It felt really good to get together again after it being several months since we even lived together, it felt like normal and it was fun joking around and giving each other a hard time. Who would of thought 5 years ago that I would have so many friends living abroad and myself even living abroad! so crazy how life plans change and where you end up :D HE IS SO GOOD! I can't say it enough!

We spent the next two nights just relaxing! We stayed at the YMCA...it was pretty great and it was called the Harbor View.


It did not disappoint


We also got to eat at my favorite places and have some delicious Italian food! I had the best Ravioli I have ever had...I felt like a food critic, getting the best to eat. I found this place with the China team this summer-where we all fell in love with it, I had to return! Just as good the second time around :)


On Sunday I went to a service at the YMCA and was once again fed and felt so good about His work in my life that I am doing for others. I may have my doubts, but I need to learn to not dwell in them..His plan is greater and better and I have the ultimate prize. I am just trying to be the light to this world that I have been called to be. I really enjoyed this opportunity to sing and listen and be around so many people. It felt really really really good.

Mary and I had to split ways in a sad farewell but we had to take a picture before she left! We needed proof for everyone that we actually saw each other :D


After this weekend I have been refreshed in so many ways and getting to see Mary was the cherry on top of the ice-cream. It got me even more excited about my visit to Vietnam in January to see her!!

This week is planning for an epic halloween party for our 3rd and 4th graders...stay tuned for the next post about it :D

Highs: Hong Kong in general
Being fed again.
Seeing Him in all situations, being blessed by so much.

Lows:
visa issues.
really tired
I really need to clean my apartment :)


Prayer Requests:
Continuing to stay in peace about all situations
staying in the word
focusing on the relationships surrounding me
Being able to stay connected with the people back home (like you, the reader of this!) I miss everyone a lot!

with love all the way from China,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Ashley, love and miss you....Dad

    ReplyDelete