Wednesday, November 2, 2011

He knows what He is doing

This week has been stressful, exhausting and ridiculous. Christine and I decided we would put on different events for the students on each holiday. The only logical way to break it down would be that each grade would celebrate a certain holiday-halloween being the 3rd and 4th graders. Genius idea and everyone was excited, just had poor communication-it doesn't help a language barrier as well. In all honesty this probably would of never happened if Christine did not do an awesome job at setting stuff up and planning...I helped but she rocked it! We had to teach the teachers what each game was and the concept before hand and hoped they would be able to teach the students. We had a pretty small amount of candy for 320 kids...yes 320 kids! We had the typical games of bobbing for apples, bean bag throw, mummy wrap and a cake walk and the kids all seemed to enjoy it! The scary part was when candy was involved...it was probably the most terrifying thing ever to have a group of 50 little kids swarm at you and scream trick or treat as they try and rip the bag out of your hands! Warning: Don't give children candy...horrible idea haha Here are some pics from the event!

Being mobbed for candy


The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with the girls. Girls from Jessica's school and my school got together to go to Dafen-an art district and to the movies! It was fun getting to hang out with my current coworkers and then hanging out with the girls I had met this summer. I ended up buying a piece of art for my living room, that I have fallen in love with...the colors are great!

But most of the afternoon was just walking around and catching up and talking about different paintings-super relaxing! one of my favorite pictures from the day!


The biggest thing I want to write about today is just for support and prayers as I struggle and my family struggles with moving. My parents are relocating to Seattle, Washington for my dads job...something that scared me and made me really anxious but talking to my mom settled that yesterday. She said "if you can move to China, then I can move two states north." Who thought I could be that kind of inspiration in someones life. I always have heard talk about moving since the 6th grade and telling my dad he was dumb, it was not going to happen. Well this time it happened 10 years later it finally is happening. In all honestly I am stoked for them, a time to start fresh and make new friends and escape the socal heat...my moms first experience with snow...it will be humorous in so many ways! I definitely am scared and sad to say goodbye to a house, that I won't get to say goodbye to-since I am in China. So prayers as they transition into this new life and that everyone finds peace in this situation. Pray for my friend who is renting out my room that she can stay there as long as possible and that she can find somewhere to move to-within price range and there be peace in that decision.

I was reminded that He knows what He is doing something I need to keep in mind and something I need to focus on. I want to continue to remember the reason why I am here and continue to be the light to everyone I encounter. I need to realize I am here for a reason and not back home...no matter how badly I want to be home, He has me here for a reason, and I hope that I keep doing what I think those things are. All of this stuff is happening for a reason and He knows what He is doing.

Prayer Requests:

I am most definitely worried about a lot back home and it makes the days hard..so prayers that I can find peace in this as well.

I have to go into Hong Kong tomorrow to get my visa fixed, hopefully it all works out and that I can get it in the day.

That I can be the best teacher that I can be right now, sometimes I feel like the kids are not learning anything


with love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment