Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Joy

My sickness is still lingering in my life. I believe the infection is gone, won't know for sure till tomorrow. It feels good to have better health, I almost forgot what it felt like--sad.

Things are hectic and crazy more than ever at work with the end of the semester coming up. I taught three open classes today, that were successful! They all really liked how I was engaged with the students and the the kids were interested in what I was teaching. I would say the teachers like me and now understand how I teach--hopefully. I enjoyed it, it was fun and exciting to have them in the classroom and have them interact as well.

I have a Christmas lesson to do and some english festival stuff next week that will keep me busy, but will be exciting to share my view of Christmas. I have been getting random cards and packages in the mail from home, thank you to all who have sent something. You have NO IDEA how much I appreciate it. It has been such a blessing to realize you haven't been forgotten even 11,000 miles away. I have been full of happy tears, thank you. I love you all!

I struggle over the thought of not being home with family during the holiday season, but know that they are going to have a wonderful time with everyone. I am excited to receive the Christmas present from the parentals and family, it makes this a lot easier. It is also helpful to remember the true meaning behind CHRISTmas and to not dwell in things. To be happy and joyful for all that has been done for me. To let it strengthen me and to continue to be a flame to the light that I have become to the people I interact with daily. I have been working on finding the joy in each day and the joy in each month. I was told to find things to look forward to. I have been working very hard in actually seeing all the joy in my life and not just dwelling in things I can't change. I hope I can continue to be strong and joyful for everyone! Joy Joy Joy! reminded of the song O' come O' come Emmanuel, the music is such a joy to hear this time of year :D

if anything the kids joy should be contagious, they are full of it! oh and of germs too...I am slowly becoming even more of a germ freak and might be living in a bubble in the near future ;)

I have been going out more, to different restaurants and stores. I like the idea of meeting new people only if they are here for a visit. It is nice to be in contact with people that are just stopping by for a visit before they get to their new location. I like meeting and talking with people from other cultures! I ate at the best cheeseburger joint in Shenzhen...it's true it was the best. I am in love with the mexican food place, which will probably steal all my money by the time I leave here. I had an obsession with mexican food back home, it has followed. :) I don't mind it!

I leave for Bali/Vietnam soon and I am excited for that, counting down the days for a new adventure. A new culture and new people to meet and become friends with, it will be refreshing in so many ways! Please pray for all the prep that needs to be done for these two trips and that everything goes smoothly!

Highs:
Successfully doing 3 open classes in one day. win.
emails and Skype time with people I love, always a high
getting packages, letters and a ton of love from home.
not feeling as sick anymore! hopefully the infection is gone

Lows:
tired from being sick.
Trying to get everything done.
not connecting well with certain people at work.

with love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment