Wednesday, December 7, 2011

it's starting to look a lot like Christmas

I have been busy non stop and of course I caught a cold -- my luck. I have one month until I am sitting on the beach in Bali or at least sitting at a coffee shop reading a book and not worrying about classes. I have had some crazy travel plan changes, some I was very upset about. I have dealt with it all and have figured out where I will be going now. I will be spending a good time with my good friend Mary! which is more than exciting! and when I arrive back in China my good friend Krystal is going to be visiting that week! FOR MY BIRTHDAY! excitement?! yes. But I am turning 23...why does that number have to look so ugly? Starting to feel like an old woman -- yes I know it is still young!

I went to the hospital today to get some blood work done and found out I have a lovely infection but don't worry it is curable and I should be ok in about 5 days. So please keep praying for that as I get better and start to feel better.

I have to teach 3 open classes, which means the head teachers will all be sitting in! I am nervous but feel confident. I think my teaching has improved a lot over the last 3 months, I just hope the kids pay attention. I feel like discipline issues are still there and I don't know how to get them to respect me the way they should. I'm working on it though. That is where most of my stress is going, how to get the kids to listen...they treat my class like break time and let's do other work time. It's exhausting and is probably what lead to the sickness!

We found a Mexican Cantina where we go get 4 tacos for about 4 U.S dollars. They are delicious and I look forward to Tuesday's so much now! It is time to introduce our friends to a foreign food to them and it makes it fun. A "home" food for me and a way to talk and build a community with the workers and the friends we invite with us.

The last few weeks of teaching are upon us, we are going to have a English Festival at school where Christine and I have to do announcements, sing songs and host an english corner for the students. We also have to dress as Santa....we have not decided who it is going to be yet, but with my luck -- it will be me.

Everywhere I go, I am seeing Christmas trees and lights and everything that is comforting. I have yet to go out and get a tree, but it is on my weekend list of things to do! I have finished all my Christmas shopping and plan on sending out presents :) It has been nice, I hope that homesickness does not get bad. We have plans for an eventful Christmas break which is three days for us. Jessica is singing in a choir and a local restaurant is doing dinner! We also plan to go to Hong Kong so we can see all the lights and the bay lit up, we hear it is best during Christmas time!


this was up at the local mall :)




Highs: Christmas being out

Lows: getting sick, infection
missing home

with love,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment